Saturday, March 27, 2010

Foursquare and Gowalla

So, I have not only unlocked a couple of new badges in Foursquare, but I also installed another similar app called Gowalla. I don't know as much about Gowalla, but it seems like it will be as useful for discovering great places to eat, drink, and otherwise explore. It also includes digital objects that you can find and leave in places, and try to collect. I'm not sure I quite get that part, but it might be cool. You can also go on trips, and create trips for others to go on. I'm going to try it out, and see how I like it.

I had been hearing about it for a little while, but I didn't decide to get it until I saw the video below. This video presents a visualization of the different location services that people used during the recent SXSW Interactive conference.

SXSW Interactive Checkin Visualization from SimpleGeo Inc. on Vimeo.


The Foursquare badges that I mentioned above were not difficult to earn. They are both based around evening check-ins, which I have been doing more often because of my need to work on school stuff. Working on school stuff at home doesn't seem to work well, so I tend to spend time on campus. That along with subbing at GGP helped me to get the Crunked and Bender badges.


 Crunked:

That's 4+ stops in one night for you!
Unlocked by Dan S. on Sun Mar 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM @ Starbucks - College Drive in Saskatoon


Bender:


That's 4+ nights in a row for you!
Unlocked by Dan S. on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 6:03 PM @ Subway - Cumberland

Oh, I also switched my twitter widget on this blog from the crappy one I had before, to one I like much better, straight from the twitter site itself.
Alright, well I think that's enough dorkyness for one post. I'll save some for the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment