Saturday, February 27, 2010

Notes on Productivity and Job Application

Productivity:
Alright. So this evening I got a lot done. A lot more than I've gotten done in quite a while. I am starting to think that my brain is actually running at a lower excitement level than it should be, unconnected to other issues. A moderate dose of caffeine has made immeasurable difference. I'm working on laundry, organized my disaster zone of a desk (a huge enterprise), found a whole bunch more books on Gutenberg, neatened my room, and organized my bookshelf. I also scanned some photos and a reference letter. I may need to rescan the photos. I've  If all it takes is a bit of mild self-medication to get that kind of work done, I'm all for it.


Here's one of the photos I scanned; proof I might be finishing my last undergrad degree soon.

Job Application:
So, my job application package for SMOE has started to come together. I still have a lot to do, but at least I'm getting started. I've ordered four sets of official transcripts, and should be able to pick them up Monday. This is the first time that I have decided to pick them up rather than have them mailed to me; this was a mistake, but not one that makes that much of a difference. I assumed they would e-mail me when they are ready to be picked up. I'm going Monday to check on them whether I've heard anything or not. I have one of the two reference letters that I need, and I've e-mailed my CERTESL Practicum Supervisor for a second. I've also started to look into renewing my passport. My current one is going to expire in June 2011, not quite long enough to get me through another contract.

Like I said, a lot more to be done yet. I am starting to get excited though. It's going to be great to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment