Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Job Searching

I am going to be finishing my B.Ed. in the next few months. Everyone is excited to find jobs, attending career fairs, and signing up for interviews. I will be taking a different route, returning to Korea to teach EFL there. I have been in contact with the recruiting company that I used last time (Footprints Recruiting), and they've sent me some starting information.

Things are a lot different than the last time I went. I was there from Aug. 2006 to Aug. 2007. Rules have been tightened up a bit since then, partially because of the Christopher Neil events. It's also a bit different because I will be teaching in a different context. I taught at a hagwon last round, but am aiming at an SMOE position this time around.

I am mainly thinking about obtaining reference letters. I was hoping to use the letter I received from ECC, the company I taught with last time. Unfortunately, the letter is now about 2.5 years old, just over the 2 year limit set by the visa requirements. It shouldn't be hard to get a few letters, but I am disapointed that the letter that is most relevant to teaching in Korea is not useful in this case.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's a bummer. Having a pretty good time with this blogging business...

    We need to play Monopoly soon. Maybe I will write in my blog about the pure and utter glory that is the Monopoly board game.

    ReplyDelete