Sunday, February 14, 2010

Video Editing Complete! (More or Less)

I have just finished spending parts of an afternoon and evening putting together a short video to enter in to an online contest. I'm hoping to come away with a prize, but I don't know if the video is of that quality. It's basically an explanation of why it's good to go teach overseas. I used a lot of photos and a few little video clips, with myself doing the voice-over. I really enjoy putting videos together, so it's no loss if I don't come away with a win.

I tried to upload the video to YouTube, but the up-speed out here at the farm is not up for the job. I'll do so when I get back to the city tomorrow. I'll put a link or embed the video here as well, once it's up.

This video creation exercise was another very strong reminder of the reasons that I need to get back overseas. I am waiting on replies to some e-mails before I can really do much towards putting my application package together.

Well, have a good break all. See you on the other side.

Addendum:
I've returned to the relatively fast connection of the city (btw, another reason to get back overseas: truly fast internet) and uploaded my video. Here it is for anyone who's interested. I don't really like the quality of my voice-acting, but I like the video overall.



I will keep you all informed about its performance in the contest. Would be nice to score a win. The 2nd place Amazon credit would be nice to put a few books onto my new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment