Saturday, February 13, 2010

470 Paper Proposal

I am looking at writing about learning using technology in Asia for my 470 paper, specifically learning English as a foreign language using internet and other technology tools. There has been some talk about using remote teaching instead of having EFL teachers travel over and live in the country that requires English language teaching. I'm hoping to evaluate this as an option, see what kinds of downsides this option might have, and possibly look at things like cultural and political influences involved in this kind of move. I don't know what kind of conclusions I might reach, or exactly what direction the paper will take, but it is very interesting to me since it relates exactly to my career path at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent choice. I am really learning a lot about teaching overseas from the class you are taking from me. I am glad to hear that you are not really sure which direction this paper will go. Tells me there in plenty to learn.

    ReplyDelete